I am a senior research scientist at AIST (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology), and
a PRESTO Researcher at JST (Japan Science and Technology Agency) in Japan.
My research topic is the foundation of information security and software science, especially the modeling and verification of probabilistic programs, protocols, and systems by using the following approaches and their integration:
- symbolic approach (including formal methods, programming languages, and mathematical logic);
- probabilistic approach (including information theory, inferential statistics, and machine learning).
Examples of my recent research interests:
- Formal methods for probabilistic systems and quantitative properties
- Formal specification and quality assurance of machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Logic for statistics and machine learning
- Quality management guideline for machine learning systems
- Foundation of privacy protection mechanisms
Here is a publication list.
More details can be found in researchmap
[Japanese | English]
My previous research includes the following topics:
- Formal methods for cryptographic protocols and their computational soundness
- Attacks on RSA PKCS#1 v1.5 on cryptographic device
- Attacks on the privacy of deep transfer learning
Dr Yusuke Kawamoto
Digital Architecture Research Center (DigiARC),
Department of Information Technology and Human Factors,
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST).